“National Park and Recreation Month is a time to promote the benefits of healthy, vibrant communities.” – http://www.nrpa.org/
National Park & Recreation Month encourages people to go outdoors, connect with local parks/reservations/recreations, and enjoy their time outside. It promotes people to reconnect with nature and to become more aware and supportive of our environment. “Today, the average American spends 93% of their life indoors – 87% in buildings and 6% in vehicles” (NRPA). Fun fact: Americans have celebrated National Park and Recreation Month during July since 1985 (NRPA).
Here are some ways in which you can participant in this month’s event:
- Go outside to your local parks!
- Visit/volunteer a reservation site!
- Go walking/biking at your local trails!
- Share the message on your social media and with people around you!
- Remember to ask other people to join you outdoors!