One of the easiest and effective way to stay active is to walk. Going on daily walks or walking more often can help your body stay healthy. Oppose to not walking at all, even a little exercise can help you maintain an active lifestyle. Here are some health benefits to walking and ways you can walk more:
- Incorporate stretches, warm ups, and different exercise activities. It can help you walk longer and better. As a bonus, it’ll help you burn more calories. It would effectively help you out even more if you can have a routine.
- During your breaks at work or free time, instead of sitting down take a stroll. It is a good change for your mind and body as you are required to move. It can help improve your mood, blood circulation, maintain blood pressures, and more. Many jobs require people to sit 8 hours all day and it doesn’t do the body any good. Humans weren’t made to sit all day so it’s good to do little exercise there and here.
- Walking can help maintain your weight and even help you lose weight. Although walking is not intensive, you can lose weight by walking longer. The faster you walk or run, the more calories you lose. Also, since it helps your body become more active you will decrease the chance of developing obesity, osteoporosis, and lower the risk of plausible diseases, and diabetes.
- “Among 44,452 male health professionals, walking at least 30 minutes a day was linked to an 18% lower risk of coronary artery disease.” – http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/Walking-Your-steps-to-health
- If you can walk there, do it! If you are going somewhere nearby, instead of taking a vechicle there it would be better for you to walk there. Although it can be boring, bring your music or whatever it is to entertain you along the way. Just make sure to pay attention to where you’re heading.
- Wear comfortable shoes! If you know you are going to walk for a long period of time or you need special shoes to help you walk then be prepared! The chance of you walking in an uncomfortable shoes all day isn’t the best situation to be in. It can cause your feet to develop rashes, sores, and more.
- Do it with a friend or a pet! It is more fun to walk with a partner so if you have someone to do it with, that’s even better. They can serve to motivate you to walk more often and longer.