“Community efforts across the country are improving the health of more people by working with groups that include public health professionals, hospitals, local community members, and more.
By Nolan Ly
A lack of access to healthy living opportunities in communities can affect obesity and other preventable chronic diseases. Learn more about community efforts to support healthy eating and active living: http://bit.ly/2knQTvl” – https://www.cdc.gov/
What are the benefits to a active community?
- Reduce pollution and trash to the environment
- Provide social and economic opportunities for the people of the community to collaborate and develop better relationships
- Support social cohesion, events, and activities
What can you do to take part:
- Going out to explore and enjoy the community by walking, biking, via other outdoor activities etc., either with yourself, friends, or family members.
- Volunteering at a community garden to help grow veggies/fruits for the community and learning more about gardening along the way.
- Educate your family, friends, and yourself on recycling, the benefits to it, and how it’s a little step towards making the Earth cleaner.
- Volunteer for local parks and recreation centers to support and spread awareness for environmental concerns.