Wondering about what events are occurring in May? A few are listed down below and maybe you might want to attend some of them with your friends and families. There is something for everyone from music to sightseeing! Make sure to check around your local areas of other events that may not be posted online.
- The Pan Asian Arts Festival 2016 is happening at MOA on May 14th from 12PM-8PM! Come enjoy free performances, games, and carnival activities! Get the chance to see the performances from Iny Asian Dance Theater, Mu Gung Hwa Korean Dance Group, Sumunar Indonesian Dance Ensemble, and much more! It’s a free event for all!
- May is also recognized as National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month (NTPPM). It advocates to spread awareness and prevention of teen pregnancy. Click here for more info!
- The Minnesota History Center is hosting the “Minnesota’s Greatest Generation: the Depression, the War, the Boom” exhibit about those who lived through the Great Depression, World War II, and the years after the war! Admissions are $11 and it would be a great experience for everyone!
- SAMHSA’s National Prevention Week 2016 – May 15-21, 2016
- “SAMHSA’s fifth annual National Prevention Week, happening May 15-21, 2016, is dedicated to increasing public awareness and prevention of mental and/or substance use disorders. During National Prevention Week, community organizations across the country host health fairs, educational assemblies, town hall meetings, memorial walks, social media campaigns, outdoor events, and more. This year’s theme—Strong as One, Stronger Together—recognizes that one person can make a positive difference in their community, but when we all unite together we can achieve even more.” – Rightful owner
- Other helpful links for Minnesota events occurring in May: