Running is one of the oldest ways of exercising and has been proven to be very effective for maintaining an active lifestyle. People have been doing it for exercising, hunting, and sporting events. It is something that most people can do and fit into their schedule. Here are some tips on how to start:
- Stretching is very important before doing any work out! Whether you’re planning to run for 15 minutes or longer, it is good for you to stretch your muscle to relieve muscle tensions, lessen possible sore muscles, and prevent muscle cramping.
- Drink lots of water! Do it before, during, and after you have run. Besides the obvious fast paced breathing for oxygen, water is another important source for your body to reboot itself.
- Running is cardio work out! If you’re looking to lose weight, running is a great way to do it! You will have to work around and understand how your body loses and gains weight. The best combination to losing weight is dieting and sticking to a exercise schedule. Of course, a mix of cardio exercising will help your body more than just running.
- Wear proper work out gears! Some clothes, accessories, and shoes are better suited for working out because of the technology and material behind it. They are made to help absorb the sweat and give you more comfort while working out. And they can somewhat motivate you to work out even more.
- It’s great for the body and soul! Exercising helps decrease stress and raise your brain activity. When you are engaging in physical activities, it helps pump more blood, raise your heart beat, and release brain chemicals that makes you feel better. So you are helping yourself destress, losing calories, and incorporating more positive feelings into yourself.