“Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease.
The good news? Heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices and manage their health conditions. Communities, health professionals, and families can work together to create opportunities for people to make healthier choices.
Make a difference in your community: Spread the word about strategies for preventing heart disease and encourage people to live heart healthy lives.” – https://healthfinder.gov/
What can you do to spread awareness?
- Share about American Heart Month on your social media platforms, with friends, and families
- “Take action: Be the cure! Join the American Heart Association’s national movement in support of healthier communities and healthier lives.” – https://healthfinder.gov/
- Join or host community event on finding local resources to live more healthy
- Local clinics
- Local fresh, organic, and affordable food options
- Community parks, clubs, gyms, etc.